Summary rating from 10 user's marks.
About the Course
Learn the fundamentals of data visualization and practice communicating with data. This course covers how to apply design principles, human perception, color theory, and effective storytelling to data visualization. If you present data to others, aspire to be an analyst or data scientist, or if you’d like to become more technical with visualization tools, then you can grow your skills with this course.
The course does not cover exploratory approaches to discover insights about data. Instead, the course focuses on how to visually encode and present data to an audience once an insight has been found.
Why Take This Course?
Learn by doing! You will analyze existing data visualization and create new ones to learn about the field. At it’s core, data visualization is a form of communication. Learn how to be a great communicator and how to enable readers to walk away from your graphics with insight and understanding. This course also makes use of open web standards (HTML, CSS, and SVG) to create data visualizations.
You can also learn how to...
- communicate clearly with the best visual representation of your data
- tell stories, spark discussion, and create calls to actions for readers
- design graphics like ones from the NYTimes and other media companies
- how to use open web technologies to create an online portfolio of your work
- use visualization libraries (dimple.js and D3.js) to create graphics
Regus, Naga Chambers, IIIrd Floor, Visakhapatnam 530002